- Filling: MICROfill Super-Therm - really warm, light and soft. Special micro-fibre design makes it highly springy and a perfect thermal insulation at a very low weight.
- The inner shell material is light and pleasant to the touch. It is made of water vapour permeable fibres, so it can retain the right microclimate inside the sleeping bag.
- Profiled, adjustable hood that protects the head from heat loss.
- YKK renowned company, double-sided zipper allows you to adjust the temperature inside the sleeping bag.
- A fluorescent zipper slider to make your night life easier ;-)
- ANTI-BITE - anti-snag zipper lining.
- Thermal strip prevents cold from penetrating the interior through the zip fastener.
- Due to ergonomic shape of the mummy, the redundant space to be heated may be eliminated.
- Inside, there is a 20 cm x 20 cm pocket for your valuables.
- The set includes a compression sack with a snap buckle.
Note: the name of the product contains ‘T lim’ - this is the lowest temperature at which a ‘standard man’ can sleep comfortably. When choosing a sleeping bag, women or people who feel cold easily, should follow the T comfort thermal parameter.
Tests in the climatic chamber
Selected models of sleeping bags from each collection have been tested in the Weiss climate chamber using a complex 16-item DIANA dummy (in accordance with PN-EN 13537-2004 European Standard). . This is how ‘T max’, ‘T comf’, ‘T lim’, and ‘T min’ temperatures were determined. Subsequently, based on the test results, ranges of temperature of all Fjord Nansen sleeping bags were calculated. Before selecting a sleeping bag, it is recommended to ask yourself how you feel cold and take this into account when selecting a particular model. In most cases, a model slightly warmer than the one assumed previously should be selected.
Temperature Ranges according to EN 13537 Standard
They apply to the standard male and the standard female following the average effort. NOTE! Sometimes it may happen that the feeling of chill will be different from person to person. How people experience cold is also influenced by factors such as being tired, being hungry, feeling bad, previous hypothermia, age, metabolism, adipose tissue
The upper limit of comfort (T max) - the temperature at which the ‘standard male’ does not sweat, while his sleep is not disturbed by excessive temperature.
Comfort (T comf) - the temperature at which a man is in thermal equilibrium and does not feel cold. This value refers to a ‘standard’, sated female, following the average effort. This parameter should be followed by women when selecting a sleeping bag.
Limit temperature (T lim) - the lowest temperature at which the ‘standard male’ can sleep comfortably. This parameter should be followed by men when selecting a sleeping bag.
Extreme temperature (T min) - exceeding this value causes a risk of hypothermia and defines conditions in which you can survive maximum six hours (this parameter is based on the feelings of ‘an average woman’).We should not be guided by this temperature when buying a sleeping bag!!!
The standard described above does not represent an analysis of nonwoven fabric durability, so this is why we decided to make our own, extra test.
10 Washes Test
Since we wanted to make an extra test for parameters such as durability of our sleeping bags shell material (clumping, movements), wash resistance, thermal stability in a given period of time, we decided to conduct the so-called 10 Washes Test(of course including spinning-dry). MICROFILL Super-Therm nonwoven fabric test results exceeded our expectations. It turned out that the sleeping bag retained its thermal parameters, while the nonwoven fabric did not lose its thickness and did not lose it
Now we can be even more confident to recommend our sleeping bags!
Practical suggestions: when storing the sleeping bag, remember to spread it in a storage bag; never keep it in a compression bag!!! If you store it correctly, it will be just as warm as it first was all the time.
|Pack size [mm]:|
|Fits someone up to [cm]:|
|T max [°C]:|
|T comfort [°C]:|
|T lim [°C]:|
|T extreme [°C]:|
Some parts of website are still in translation process.